[Verse-dev] Command name changes

Emil Brink verse-dev@blender.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:18:17 +0200 (MEST)

Folks,

I have (after consultations with Eskil) gotten permission to change
some of the command names in Verse. These changes have been checked
into CVS as of this mail.

The changes are:

Object Node
* Changed o_set_light to o_light_set for better conformance with
  how commands are usually named (noun-verb).
* Changed o_method_send to o_method_call, since call is a better
  verb for describing the intended semantics of this command.
* Changed t_insert_line to t_line_insert and t_delete_line to
  t_line_delete to conform with noun-verb format.

I wanted to changed things in the audio node as well, but it seems
it's not finalized anyway so perhaps the existing things will change
anyway later on.

Application programmers will need to change their code to work with
this new API, but any changes required should be trivial, and there
will be more happiness all over the world, now.

Happier regards,

/Emil