[Verse-dev] OpenGL 2.0

Eskil Steenberg verse-dev@blender.org
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:34:08 +0200

Hi

Im working on some cool new rendering stuff. Im writing a verse parser
for OpenGL 2.0. And i just managed to draw my first verse material! it
is ultra trivial, I have a material node with 4 fragments: an output,
connected to a blender connected to two colors. and it generates this code:

vertex shader:

uniform vec4 color_0;
uniform vec4 color_3;

void main()
{
    gl_Position = gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * gl_Vertex;
}

fragment shader:

uniform vec4 color_0;
uniform vec4 color_3;

void main()
{
    gl_FragColor = (color_0 + color_3);
}

And it works! im not going to post a screen shot since all this does is
to produce a purple polygon...

But it is still cool, my parser can handle very large shaders, but so
far i have yet to support all the different fragments so im going to get
to work on that. I will try to post some code as soon as i have something.

Cheers