AW: [Uni-verse] Report from test session URGENT

Marcus Hoffmann marcus.hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 27 10:20:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've uploaded an updated version of the renderer to the website (WP4).
I experienced this bug in Helsinki and fixed it already, but for some reason
versions were mixed here and therefore it re-appeared... Sorry for this. Now
the renderer should address (and change) the correct object node.

Regarding the update: every movement done using e.g. a key is sent to the
server. You can look at the dos-window output. The "sending verse commands"
message shows up everytime a command is sent, e.g. when a movement command
is sent... I tested it here, and had a pretty good update rate using the
kayboard for movement... I can have a further look the mouse events to send
a command every time the mouse is pressed, but that could lead to huge
communication overhead on the server...

Best Regards
Marcus

Marcus Hoffmann
Dipl. Ing. for Mediatechnology
Dep. Realtime Solutions for Simulation and Visual Analytics
Fraunhofer-Institute for Computer Graphics Research
Phone: +49 (0)6151 155 - 639
Mail: marcus.hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de