[Uni-verse] Expectations on test meeting end of the week

Raine Kajastila rakajast at tml.hut.fi
Tue Apr 24 12:03:27 CEST 2007

hi,

> 2. how many machines should i take with me?
> normally i take my win laptop,
> do i understand well, that i.ll have to take a linux machine too?

In my opinion, if we are going to install whole audio system to your
machines, one computer is not enough.

I think (atleast) these programs should be installed:
UVAS (audio simulation),
Sound renderer,
Visual renderer (quel solaar or OSG),
Connector,
3D studio MAX,
verse server,
geometry reduction,

Running these at the same time on one normal machine would be a suicide.

> do i understand well, that i.ll have to take a linux machine too?

Yes. Atleast Sound renderer needs currently Linux platform. And I quess
UVAS is also easier to install on Linux.
If possible, you could try to install Pure Data (PD) on Linux before hand.
PD is needed by the sound renderer. http://puredata.info/downloads. If you
don't succeed we can install it in Sweden.

Any comments or suggestions by others?

-Raine