[Uni-verse] Plans for Wiki

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Tue Oct 10 11:32:57 CEST 2006

Hi Emil,

Looks nice!

Only one comment. You have interesting prompt in Simple Renderer
examples, do you really have to run everything as root as your prompt
suggests ?

Regards,
	Lauri

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Emil Brink wrote:

> Lauri Savioja wrote:
> >Hi Emil,
> >
> >Your proposal looks very good!
>
> Thanks! :)
>
> >I have only one suggestion. It seems that there are quite many
> >applications (as not all of them are listed here, yet). Therefore I
> >would like to have one more hierarchy level.
> [...]
>
> True. I am always for more structure, so I added the suggested additional
> level in the hierarchy. I've also actually started to edit Wiki pages on
> the Blender wiki, and fully converted the manual for the Simple Renderer
> to Wiki form.
>
> The results: <http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Uni-Verse:Main>,
> please take a look, everyone.
>
> The conversion, which was done totally manually by basically copy-paste-
> and-edit of the original HTML, took maybe an hour. This includes time to
> learn the various markup idioms (note the pretty keyboard and mouse icons)
> and such. So ... not very time-consuming, in my opinion. The mediawiki is
> nice, so far.
>
> >I noticed that at least the following applications were not listed yet:
> >
> >- The slim rendering client (PDA client)
> >- Dynamic mesh generation
> >- Radiosity module
>
> True, some must have fallen out of my mind. Thanks for the reminder, and
> of course I appreciate any additions if I've forgotten more things.
>
> Regards,
>
> /Emil

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014