[Uni-verse] Meeting at KTH October 4-6

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Tue Oct 3 14:22:28 CEST 2006

Dear Gert,

Thanks for your reply!

One Linux machine for Samuel would be nice. Thanks!

I have listed the following test (and other) tasks to be completed
regarding the audio WP:

Mattias and Samuel: 3DS Max and acoustic geometry reduction
Ludde and Raine: UVAS and audio rendering
Ludde and Samuel: UVAS and geometry reduction

Mattias-Samuel-Ludde-Raine-Emil: The whole chain

Ludde, Gert, Peter, Akos, Emil, Lauri, ...: The specification of the
architectural demonstration

Gert, Peter, Emil, Eskil, Ludde, Akos, Lauri, ...: The specification of the
stand for the IST conference

I hope the specs are close to what is achieved so far, and there
shouldn't too much work to finalize those demos :-).

Raine and Ludde: installing the audio renderer to some computer at KTH
or at II such that you can run the audio renderer without us :-). For
this a Linux machine is needed, even better if 'pd' is already
installed there.

Ludde, it seems that you are the key person during the rest of the week :-).

All the best,
	Lauri

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:

> Lauri Savioja wrote:
>
> >Dear Gert,
> >
> >Do we have a more detailed agenda for Wednesday and Thursday? There is
> >certainly a lot to be done, and thus it is essential to get to work
> >right away.
> >
> I agree. The most urgent part seems to be the audio WP. Maybe you could
> arrange for a testing schedule for the audio WP?
> I must say I have a quite vague idea at the moment what works or not in
> the audio WP.
>
> >So, my question is, how do we start on Wednesday morning?
> >

> Although the meeting officially will start at 10 I assume Emil to be in
> the office from around 9  (OK Emil?)
> and you can ask Ludde when it  would be convenient  for him to arrive.
>
> >Do we have written down the goals to be achieved during the meeting?
> >

> Please do so for the audio WP!
>
> >In addition, can you, please, arrange one PC for Samuel. We have only
> >one laptop, and Raine is going to use that, so we would need another
> >computer for Samuel to work with.
> >

> A windows or Linux machine?
> We will see what we can do.
>
> Best Regards
> Gert
>
> >See you all on Wednesday!
> >
> >Regards,
> >	Lauri
> >
> >On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:
> >

> >>Dear Friends,
> >>
> >>this is to remind you and confirm the meeting at KTH, Teknikringen 14,
> >>plan 4, in Stockholm for October 4-6
> >>The first two days are mainly for interoperability testing of the
> >>architectural demonstrator and other tools.
> >>We will also try to plan the architectural demonstrator during the first
> >>two days.
> >>
> >>Please note that all participating tools should be ready before the
> >>meeting and basic testing should have been done
> >>for example by the basic verse test cases by Emil. Please also arrange
> >>so you can have access to your developing environment so
> >>that bugs can be fixed right away.
> >>
> >>On Wednesday October 4 we start at 10.00 or when people arrive.
> >>On Thursday and Friday we plan to start around 9.30.
> >>
> >>Friday will be summing up,  planing and PCC meeting.
> >>I expect us to be finished before 1500 on Friday.
> >>Is that OK?
> >>
> >>Please confirm who will come to the meeting and when you plan to arrive
> >>and depart.
> >>

> >>Best Regards
> >>Gert

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014