[Verse-dev] Re: [Uni-verse] Loader and materials

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Mon Mar 27 17:02:58 CEST 2006

eskil at obsession.se wrote:
> Hi
>
>> VML files do not define or use a global name-space for the nodes they
>> contain, so it is not possible at the moment to refer to a node in a
>> different VML file. This sounds like an ... interesting problem, for
>> sure. I don't have any ideas for an obvious fix, except perhaps some
>> kludge using preprocessing to concatenate the VML files prior to
>> upload, but that wouldn't work if you want to upload the content at
>> different points in time.
>>
>> Any ideas here, Eskil (or anyone else, of course) ?
>

> Doesnt VML support "include"? It should. Everything should! like html...

Not sure if it does, perhaps it does in theory by being XML. There is
a way to do "include" in XML, called XInclude. The home-built XML parser
used by the VML loader does not implement support for XInclude though,
which is why I mentioned more explicit pre-processing. In the same kind
of theory-space, entities can also point to files, although that is also
not supported by my parser, sorry. :/

I might investigate replacing my XML parser with a "real" one, like
libxml2, but don't know for sure how to prioritize that right now.

Regards,

/Emil