[Uni-verse] Acoustic Material Database

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Tue Mar 21 15:43:57 CET 2006

Dear Ludde,

An existing and publicly available material databank can be found from URL:

http://www.ptb.de/en/org/1/17/173/datenbank.htm

There is the file abstab_wf.xls and it contains data for lots of
materials. If there are too many materials we should select a subset
for us. In any case, the downloading might be easiest if you save the
'selection_table' page from the xls-file as CSV text. After that it is
easy to parse. At the moment we need only the material names and
absorption in each octave band.

Regards,
	Lauri

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Peter Lunden wrote:

> Dear Lauri,
>
> Im trying to update the Archicetrur demo spec. There are still some open
> questions.
> Emil is a very nice guy, hi is writing the tool to load material data
> into Verse. The remaining questions now are: how do we get the actual
> data to the material database for the architecural demo? What materials
> should we include? In what format should the data be stored (some simple
> text format)?
>
> Best regards,
> --PLu

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014