[Uni-verse] VSSR (very short status report) on WP 7.3

Peter Lundén plu at tii.se
Wed Jan 11 21:31:01 CET 2006

Since last report we have implemented and debugged the beam-tracing
module. The debugging has been a night-mare and has taken much more time
than we thought. Most of the functionality in this module is now working
but there are still a few minor bugs to be fixed. Two things are
currently missing or behaving bad, first all phantom sources are
reallocated at each frame (this is relativly easy to fix) which is bad
for the renderer. Second an algorithm to close the spatial cells are
missing, this is more complicated to fix and it will take a while to
implement it. In the meanwhile only simple geometry which is specially
prepared can be used.

We have also made it possible for the UVAS framework to get sound
sources and listeners from a verse server. The funtionality has been
implemented and seames to work but futher testing is needed.

A renderer based on Snd3D (my old 3d-sound system)  is almost working
now. It has no air- absorption or reflection filtering yet.

We hope that everything will be finished and a report produced well
before the 15th of March.

Best regards,
--PLu