[Uni-verse] possible maxbug

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Thu Apr 6 16:44:32 CEST 2006

Martin wrote:

> According to earlier mail, I have understood that you do not test it under
> windows normally.
>
> I really think this would be a good idea, and for example use some kind of
> unit testing and performance/load testing.
> Especially testing to send crap and invalid packages etc

Indeed, unit testing would be very nice. I've not been able to come up
with a straight-forward way to set it up though, as almost all Verse
traffic is based on context/history, it's hard to do meaningful random
tests. Except for testing the handling of random/unexpected commands,
of course.

> After all, regardless of what you think about win, it's the main
> market/target in this sector.

Eskil runs Verse exclusively on Win32.

Regards,

/Emil