AW: AW: AW: [Uni-verse] Re: OSGVerse

Marcus Hoffmann Marcus.Hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de
Thu Apr 6 15:19:39 CEST 2006

> > Concerning the orientation:
> > If I update the rotation of the avatar node this problem is solved,
> > isn't it?
>
> It should be, yes. And I think Peter's suggestion to use (0 0
> -1) as the "forward" direction sounds very reasonable. Not
> sure if there is an official Verse definition of "forward",
> but that would be it if there was one. :) Any comment here, Eskil?

I've taken a short look to the OpenSG implementation and it seems 0/0/-1 is
the forward direction there, too.
But even if it was not this would be really a small problem... ;)

Let's call the taggroup "uvas" as you did already, and the tag itself
"avatar"? Makes sense for me...

Best Regards
Marcus

Marcus Hoffmann
Dipl. Ing. for Mediatechnology
Dep. Realtime Solutions for Simulation and Visual Analytics
Fraunhofer Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung
Phone: +49 (0)6151 155 - 639
Mail: marcus.hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de