[Uni-verse] Update of WP 6.2 (Alternative Server implementation)

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Fri Sep 16 11:04:29 CEST 2005

Dear Friends,

Eskil and Emil had come up with many good remarks on the alternative
server implementation.
When I first heard about a disk based server I believed that we were
talking about a server which
could store it's data on disk on the fly. This would allow having more
data in the server than primary
memory. Just saving and reloading data from disk already exist in the
current implementation and is
no big challenge.

The access control and project handling are however important features.
It would however be much more
faster to implement that in the current server as Eskil and Emil proposes.

Would it be possible for Eskil/Emil and FHG to come up with a joint
proposal taking those
issues into account?

Best Regards
Gert