[Uni-verse] PCC Meeting

Jörn Kohlhammer joern.kohlhammer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Tue Oct 4 12:23:19 CEST 2005

Dear Lauri,

as far as I understand it we are solving the redistribution with a
shifting of person months. If we all give one person month then FhG/IGD,
II, KTH, and HUT contribute to the redistribution of €30.000 with a
ratio defined by the person month cost.

This means (approx.):
FhG gives €12.500
II  gives  €8.150
KTH gives  €6.000
HUT gives  €3.350

Please let me know if I misunderstand something and this is not what we
plan to do.

Best regards,
Jörn

Lauri Savioja schrieb:

> Dear all,
>
> I remember that I already agreed on the proposal to fund the Orange
> movie. I am not about to change this decision, but as a kind remark I
> would like to mention that I don't fully agree with the definition of
> "four large" partners. I had a quick look on the Technical Annex and
> according to that I would like to categorize us as:
>
> Three large partners (total eligible costs and new MMs in parenthesis):
>
> FHG/IGD (1 042 keuros, 67MMs)
> II	(  683 keuros, 77MMs)
> KTH	(  504 keuros, 81MMs)
>
> Two medium sized partners:
>
> Blender (  303 keuros, 33MMs)
> HUT	(  284 keuros, 42MMs)
>
> Two small partners:
>
> Paregos	(   94 keuros, 6MMs)
> Minusplus ( 62 keuros, 7MMs)
>
> So, my point is: is the division of costs to equal percentages
> fair? If someone proposes to share the costs in relation to the
> received EC contributions (different figures than the ones I show
> above), I won't object that :-).
>
> See you tomorrow,
> 	Lauri
>
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2005, Gert Svensson wrote:
>

>>Dear Partners,
>>
>>when all partners have arrived on Wednesday I suggest to have a PCC
>>meeting to decide on the changes of the
>>project which have been discussed previously.
>>
>>This proposal (some parts have already been decided or agreed on, I
>>include them
>>here for reference) is the complete change of the project required by
>>the review:
>>
>>The development of the scripting API  ("Purple") (D3.3.) and the
>>standard  library Scripting Tools Plug-ins (D5.2)
>>is transferred from Blender to  KTH together with a funding of 30 000
>>Euro.  (Agreed between KTH and Blender)
>>
>>An additional deliverable constituting a Verse coupling for Blender is
>>introduced. (Already decided)
>>
>>The digital media demonstrator D8.3 will be using Verse in the
>>development of the
>>Blender open source movie ("Orange"). To compensate for this the partners
>>KTH, II, HUT and FHG transfer in total 30 000 Euro to Blender with equal
>>parts.
>>
>>The advance which is expected mid October is distributed so that Blender
>>gets the above 30 000 Euro
>>from this advance by reducing the other partners payment with an equal
>>percentage figure.
>>
>>FHG spends 2 MM:s less on the radiosity module D5.5 and 6 MM:s more on
>>the alternative server implementation D6.2
>>with the improvements already described (security & project handling).
>>The increase in FHG effort has been possible by
>>new regulations for the cost calculation.
>>
>>This proposal leads to the distribution of Man Months in the attached table.
>>

>>Best Regards
>>Gert

| Dr.-Ing. Jörn Kohlhammer                                          |
| Abteilungsleiter                                                  |
| Animation und Bildkommunikation                                   |
| Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung              |
| Tel +49-(0)6151-155 646        Fraunhoferstraße 5                 |
| Fax +49-(0)6151-155 139        D-64283 Darmstadt                  |
| www.igd.fraunhofer.de/igd-a3   joern.kohlhammer at igd.fraunhofer.de |