[Uni-verse] PCC Meeting

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Mon Oct 3 22:12:09 CEST 2005

Dear Partners,

when all partners have arrived on Wednesday I suggest to have a PCC
meeting to decide on the changes of the
project which have been discussed previously.

This proposal (some parts have already been decided or agreed on, I
include them
here for reference) is the complete change of the project required by
the review:

The development of the scripting API  ("Purple") (D3.3.) and the
standard  library Scripting Tools Plug-ins (D5.2)
is transferred from Blender to  KTH together with a funding of 30 000
Euro.  (Agreed between KTH and Blender)

An additional deliverable constituting a Verse coupling for Blender is
introduced. (Already decided)

The digital media demonstrator D8.3 will be using Verse in the
development of the
Blender open source movie ("Orange"). To compensate for this the partners
KTH, II, HUT and FHG transfer in total 30 000 Euro to Blender with equal
parts.

The advance which is expected mid October is distributed so that Blender
gets the above 30 000 Euro
from this advance by reducing the other partners payment with an equal
percentage figure.

FHG spends 2 MM:s less on the radiosity module D5.5 and 6 MM:s more on
the alternative server implementation D6.2
with the improvements already described (security & project handling).
The increase in FHG effort has been possible by
new regulations for the cost calculation.

This proposal leads to the distribution of Man Months in the attached table.

Best Regards
Gert