[Uni-verse] Re: Meeting next week

Peter Becker peter.becker at tii.se
Wed Jan 19 17:59:01 CET 2005

Dear partners

I agree with Lauri, the meeting depends on necessity for the process.
Regarding the Final specification (D2.3) hopefully each partner can
contribute on relevant sections. IF WE HAVE A SMOOTH PROCESS the coming
week we could save the physical meeting to later.

As LAuri point out, one of central weaknesses of present text is
evaluation. This has three parts
8.1 general
8.2 architectural
8.3 digital media

My idea is that "8.1 general eval" is a technical evaluation based on
the WP3-7 specifications. This is why I asked for more detail on
measures, benchmarks for each section.
In WP4 and 7 partners have contributed this nicely.
Some others remain, like WP 3(?), 5, 8.2 and 8.3

With 8.2 and 8.3 usability should be included, evaluation spanning from
functional check, to usability and possibly user interviews.
The scenarios are a starting point but measures and procedures could be
developed in 8.2 and 8.3.

IF we have those additions in each section hopefully this will do.
This is an issue I hope to solve in dialogue with involved partners.

I feel this is more efficient than a meeting at this point BUT
it takes that all relevant partners respond to the draft.

Thanks Lauri for swift and good comments. I welcome all other partners
to point at possible weaknesses of D2.3 and suggestions for amendment.

all the best,
Peter