[Uni-verse] D7.2 report for your review

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Aug 26 12:10:39 CEST 2005

Lauri Savioja wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Please, find attached our report on WP7.2 discussing the geometry
> reduction in acoustics. All the comments are welcome!

Interesting. I've taken a look, and the following sentence (from section
3.1, page 18) caught my eye:

   "Unfortunatelly, the transformation of nested groups of objects does
    not always work correctly, because the definition of its semantics in
    the specification was omitted."

Which specification does this refer to? The DXF format's or Verse's? I
assume it's the Verse spec, and would really like to fix that.

I guess we need clearer semantics for object hierarchies in Verse.

 From what I've understood, what we have is simply the "links" feature
of object nodes. Using that, you can link objects together into
arbitrary graphs. Since objects also have transform information, it's
reasonable to assume that some kind of hierarchic transform can be built
this way.

Eskil, what is the official idea on how that should work? How does Quel
Solaar treat linked objects?

Regards,

/Emil