[Uni-verse] Purple State of the Art report

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Wed Aug 17 15:57:52 CEST 2005

Hi Emil,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Emil Brink wrote:

> Regarding the second reason, I'm not so sure that it's all that bad
> if that were the case, really ... I guess it depends on how you look
> at things. If Verse was very similiar to some existing system, the
> entire project would fall for the same argument. If it isn't, then it
> makes sense to have a "native" data flow environment too, I think.

Yes, I see your point and I think your reasoning is very good! The
angle of view that I was worried about is related to being too
self-centric. We preach everywhere that Verse is of connectivity, but
here one might get impression that Verse is completely isolated from
the rest of the world :-).

Regards,
	Lauri

--
Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory