[Uni-verse] Blender Conference tentative schedule

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Fri Oct 1 08:37:08 CEST 2004

Hi Gert,

This new proposal is OK for me, and I agree that we should start
earlier than 14.00. I have booked my flights for Wednesday, so it is
OK for me if we start as early as possible on Thursday :-).

I see that Ton and Angela might have difficulties to participate for
the whole day, but I consider that despite of this we should reserve
more time for the meeting than only the afternoon. My special need is
in the group session, and further discussion of WP7 with all the
interested partners.

Regards,
	Lauri

> On Fri, 01 Oct 2004, Gert Svensson wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> W have got confirmation that KTH, II, HUT, FiGD and of course Blender
> will participate in the meeting.
> We have however not heard anything from Paregos and MinusPlus. Please
> let us know!
>
> Starting at 14.00 seems late for me. An alternative would be to start
> off at some nearby hotel
> for example the Radisson. In that way we could start at 10 as originally
> planned.
> Please let us know your thoughts!
>
> Proposed agenda
> GENERAL SESSION
> Opening and agenda
> WP 3-7 reports (WP leaders, 10-20 minutes each including comments)
>  WP work, deliverables, demonstrators - results, status, plans
>  Updating system specifications WP 2.3 (due 2005.02.01)
>  (Reflections based on the WP advancement and WP 2.2 spec)
>
> GROUP SESSION 1
> WP (or other groups) group work, e.g. 3,5,7
>  Themes and groups negotiated in advance
>  WP development and problems
>  WP Demonstrators - Plans, status, results
>  Updating system specifications WP 2.3
>
> GROUP SESSION 2
> Brainstorming work on WP8 (workshop, dependent on the
>  participation of partners Paregos and MinusPlus)
>  We need a better specification of WP8.2 and 8.3 for
>  final specification 2.3.
>  This session aims to inspire that work.
>
> The Task defined. New groups formed.
> Project demonstrators WP8 (Paregos and MinusPlus)
>
> REPORTS, GENERAL SESSION
> Summaries of the work groups
> WP 9 Report on Project dissemination (Ton)
> WP 1 On preparing 12 months report (Gert)
> WP 1 Uni-Verse logo (evening?)
>
> PCC meeting
> Decision of future work and changes of work plan.
>
> Best Regards
> Gert and Peter
>

> Angela Plohman wrote:
>
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >I am writing to let you know we have reserved a room in De Waag (the
> >Blender Conference venue) for a Uni-Verse meeting on Thursday, October
> >21, 2004. However, the room is only available as of 14:00.
> >
> >Also, we were wondering if there is any news regarding an agenda for
> >this meeting and names of who will be attending? And has there been
> >any more thought given to having specific work package meetings?
> >
> >We look forward to hearing from you!
> >
> >Kind regards,
> >
> >Angela Plohman
> >Blender Foundation
> >

> >Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>More information on the conference is online now:
> >>http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Blender_Conference.52.0.html
> >>
> >>We've scheduled Verse sessions friday and saturday.
> >>
> >>If there's need for additional (universe partner) meeting rooms we
> >>need  to know it a.s.a.p. During the conference that's possible
> >>downstairs,  but these rooms need to be hired (paid for) separately.

> [...]

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 HUT, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014