[tuhopuu-user] 3d acceleration & game engine

Frank W. Samuelson frank at merrill-samuelson.com
Tue Aug 12 05:22:30 CEST 2003

Sorry if these questions have been previously covered, but
the tuhopuu-user archives on blender.org do not work.

I compiled tuhopuu (the older one, not the recent bf sync-up).
and when I run both the dynamic and static versions in Linux I get
[hash.c:395] failed read
a few hundred times, and then it prints
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
and then blender runs, but very slowly, as if it's not using my
hardware acceleration.    This is very strange because this has
never happened before.  All blender releases and bf CVS grabs run just
fine.

Second, is this tuhopuu supposed to have a game engine in it, working
or not?  I hit p and nothing happens.  Do I have to do something
to compile it in?

My end game is to get any sort of game engine running in blender w/
source.

Thanks for any help.

-Frank