[tuhopuu-devel] New platform to support, new layer to append to blender

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 16 18:21:15 CET 2005

Hi Mal,

There are a few problems:

1) I retired from the project and stopped doing merges at
the beginning of October;

2) The current tree is so far out of sync that merging it
at this point would be a very painful task;

3) Somebody (other than me) is more that welcome to re-fork
at 2.40, but to be effective they need to commit to
merging the tree regularly (at least once a week),
and that process can sometimes take hours if there
has been a lot of recent work in either tree.

There is some hope for new coders to experiment with
their projects: the blender sys admin team are currently
looking at switching the blender source repositories from
CVS to Subversion (the main nagging issue here is that
gforge needs a hefty upgrade for this to work). With
subversion there is better control over forking and
merging, so new projects can start on branches off
of the official bf-blender tree, and these branches can
have commit permissions for that dev without granting
commit to the main tree -- very nice!

Regards,
Chris