[tuhopuu-devel] New platform to support, new layer to append to blender

Yomgui yomgui1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:11:48 CET 2005

Hello everyone,

I've made a port of blender 2.37a for platform MorphOS (check the
wikipedia for MorphOS).
But to bring it into the official tree on CVS I need to modify in deep
blender to append a new layer: an OSAL (OS Abstraction Layer).

This layer will be in charge to bring all functions that communicate
directly with the OS, like open/close, memory handling, task, etc...

I've seen in the current release of blender that differences between
platforms, especially for Windows paths handling, are handled in too
many sections of code. The issue of that is many identical and
redundant code every where.

On my platform (MorphOS), I've an identical issue with paths
construction. So to resolve any issues in future, I want to bring my
acknowledges about such layer into blender.

To do that, my idea is to test the layer into the tuhopuu project
first, so what is the process ?
Should I need to have an account as developer for tuhuppo-CVS? or just
send to you (who exactly ??) a diff file?

Regards,
Guillaume R.