[tuhopuu-devel] State of the merge

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sun May 1 15:42:41 CEST 2005

Sorry to take so long to get around to this, it's been an immensely
busy week with lots of more interesting things to do than fixing
franken-code :) Thanks a lot for doing what had to be done to get it
compiling again - don't worry at all about taking an axe to the code to
do so, it can always be fixed post-humously!

On 25 Apr 2005, at 11:40 AM, Chris Want wrote:

> readfile.c: conflict related to camera's and passepartout
> ... anybody know about this? (just went with bf)

Yeah, it's part of my edit moving passepartout to be camera data
instead of scene data.

> butspace.h: I changed the values of B_PRESET_RDIMENSIONS, etc so
> they did not conflict with the values for the zblur stuff.

thanks

> buttons_editing.c: camera edit buttons caused conflict, Matt,
> please check. (I sort of smushed together the code from both
> trees, mostly tuhopuu).

Should be ok now, I hope.

> buttons_object.c: soft body panel should be checked for correctness
> (whereever the buttons "D", "I", "O" are).

Should be ok now, with minor edits.

> buttons_scene.c: the render window buttons should be checked for
> correctness ... panel with passepartout, DispWin, etc.
> function render_panels() should be checked (I just smushed the
> code for the two trees together).

I've cleaned this up a bit so it's back to similar to how it was before.

> drawobject.c: drawing of lamps should be checked ... went with
> tuhopuu code.

Looks ok here.

> transform_manipulator.c: colors, etc. for some things ... went with
> tuhopuu. This should be *seriously* checked (many little surgeries
> here). draw_manipulator_translate() was particularly bad.

The manipulator drawing code has changed a lot in bf, and ended up
similar to my hacks in tuhopuu which were nice for testing but now no
longer required. The current file here in t3 is compiling, but
buggered, so in the next merge, you might want to just take the entire
file from the bf version - I don't think anyone else has made any
changes to it here in t3.

Cheers and thanks,

Matt