[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [Bf-committers] Syntax Highlighting/bracket matching in blender's text editor

Ted Schundler tschundler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 01:20:47 CEST 2005

Now that my tuhopuu compiles, and I have changed to colors to not hurt
my eyes...
As for bracket matching, it behaves a little weird if you have
something like ((foo)) -- as you move the cursor, it will lag one
level. I think you did this so you could put the cursor before or
after the bracket. I think it would be better to have it default to
the bracket after the cursor in this case since clicking on the
bracket itself will move the cursor to the gap before the bracket (and
in the case, it will end up selecting the wrong group).

Also, the highlight isn't the full height of the line which makes it
look a little squished compared to regularly highlighting text.

Otherwise, nice work.

One more thing for a wish list would me marking an indented block -
i.e. I put the cursor on a line that ends in a colon, and it draws a
vertical line  like:
http://astro.scu.edu/~ted/oss/blender/editor.png

This would help with the much indenting needed in Python. SPE has a
somewhat similar feature, but I think it creates too much visual
clutter the way they do it with a lot of verticle lines
(http://spe.pycs.net/pictures/1024x768/2.html)

Ted