[tuhopuu-devel] Play in loop (ping pong style)

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Mar 8 01:08:47 CET 2005

On 8 Mar 2005, at 10:51 AM, Jiri Hnidek wrote:

> Hi,
> playing in loop (ping pong style) could be useful for some animation
> tweaking. I was inspired by Jahshaka:
>
> http://www.jahshaka.org
>
> Captured video demonstrating this functionality:
>
> http://e-learning.vslib.cz/~hnidek/captured-videos/play_loop.avi
>
> any comments?

I guess I'm a bit curious on how people think this would be useful.
Personally, in any of the 3d/compositing/video apps I've used which
have this feature, I've never used it. For tweaking little bits, I
personally use the time slider, just dragging back and forward at my
own speed.

I guess there are other people who use it in practise - in what
practical situations do you use it and why? I'm just wary of this being
a thing like "ooh, 3dsmax has this, so we need it to tack on to the
feature (ui bloat) checklist"

Cheers

Matt