[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu3/source/blender/include butspace.h tuhopuu3/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sat Jan 29 22:09:43 CET 2005

Gabriel Beloin wrote:
> yes that what i though.
> so this remove the trouble of painting twice. But you have to duplicate the armature also and take care of the naming convention so the bone's name also match the new vertex group name.

Tuhopuu2 had a way to duplicate and flip names of bones
at the same time. I think it was alt-shift-D or something
like that. I might consider moving it to tuhopuu3, but
transform for armatures is broken right now.

Maybe a duplicate-with-flipped-names for vertex groups
would be a better way to go to speed up workflow?
It would skip the steps of having to duplicate
object, flip names, then re-join again.

(On the otherhand, I'm nervous to touch anything
related to armatures these days as they are rumored
to be headed for extinction.)

Chris