[tuhopuu-devel] Minnaert diffuse shader

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Jan 9 13:59:30 CET 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm willing to commit this patch sometime tomorrow (or maybe the day
after - Mondays are very busy for me!) if nobody has any objections.

It has been suggested that diffuse shading models like this one may be
implemented "intuitively" using appropriately configured color ramps.
Hence, I think it is valid to question whether a shading model like this
actually needs to be implemented explicitly.  My own thoughts on the
matter are that, given this is Tuhopuu, we should be as open as possible
and commit it regardless.  Then perhaps we can let some of the more
artistic users play with it before coming to any firm conclusions.  Does
that sound OK?

I'm not sure who else is working on renderer-related stuff, but I've
fixed a couple of renderer bugs (which were only mis-matches in the
merge process).  If anyone else who feels more familiar with the
renderer code wants to go ahead and commit this then that'd also be great.

Jonathan Merritt.