[tuhopuu-devel] Some problems with new theme

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Jan 7 10:21:22 CET 2005

On 6 Jan 2005, at 10:00 PM, Daniel Fairhead wrote:

>> the reason that the text is too long is because of the check box on
>> the new button styles; there isn't enough room for the text on the OLD
>> layouts. However, as you can (and will) see, this is fine in the new
>> layouts. You can look at the Object buttons for an example :) I
>> beleive the Render buttons will be commited soon; you'll have to check
>> with Matt for sure.
>
> Shouldn't the UI engine be able to cope with over-long text though?
> Because
> for other languages, or screen-sizes, you may still have problems?

Well yes it should to an extent (translatiosn is a different issue
since it seem to only translate what appears on screen...). I still
haven't delved into the string-clipping bits of the code that
determines when to chop off the end, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
It's on the agenda, but thanks for reminding :)