[tuhopuu-devel] Some problems with new theme

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Jan 6 07:28:46 CET 2005

On 6 Jan 2005, at 4:24 PM, Jason Saunders wrote:

> Another problem i've found with the default theme is that the 3Dview
> is much too light (for me).

Yes, someone else mentioned something similar on the forums. I wouldn't
be against making it a tad darker - there's plenty of time to tweak
these things, but I disagree with making it too much of a 'neutral'
colour.

The reason I tried this lighter background is to improve contrast. The
thing that I *don't* like about the default 2.36 is that because the
grey is too 'neutral', things tend to smear in together and blend in
with with background. It's so much easier to see the forms of your
objects when they're lifted off the background and you can see a
silhouette.

Check this comparison between the defaults in T3 and in 2.36. Because
of the improved contrast, it's so much easier to discern the shape of
the model on the left, the right just looks muddy and needs a lot more
eye-work, following the edges around:
http://mke3.net/blender/interface/3dview/bgcolourcomparo.jpg

I'd like to include a separate 'dark' theme that still retains
contrast, something like this (
http://mke3.net/blender/interface/3dview/darktheme01.jpg ) as well.
This may help if it's the 'lightness' that people might be having
trouble with :) Anyway, I'd like to hear some more reasoned opinions on
the subject from others, too.

Cheers

Matt