[tuhopuu-devel] Markers and Animation workflow

Daniel Fairhead madprof at uk2.net
Mon Feb 28 14:55:09 CET 2005

> The markers are currently very simple - in DNA_scene_types, int
> markers[99]. The key is like an ID number for each marker, the value is
> the frame number. I'd need to somehow expand this to that each marker
> can have 2 pieces of information - an int frame number, and a char
> name. What is a good way to do this? Anyone? Or would someone like to
> just change it and patch or commit? :)

Um, I suppose you might be able to use a struct... This will probably get
me excommunicated for bad style or something (usually when I suggest things,
that is what happens). I don't know if this would work, it might though...

typedef struct TimeMarker {
	int frame;
	char label[64];
	int color;
} TimeMarker;

and then just use a

TimeMarker markers[99];

I think this would work. :-)

<snip>
> enormous can of worms, most likely with a heap of convoluted,
> duplicated code. I can imagine people wanting more and more options and
> functionality in this timeline, but IMO, it's best to be firm and just
> say no, keeping it elegant, simple and to the point. Otherwise next
> thing you know, you've replicated the Ipo, Action and NLA editors,
> shoehorned in where it doesn't fit both interface wise and code wise.

Although, actually, thinking about it... For a MAJOR project, one could
combine all the above, and the timeline. ;D So then one could view
all kinds of interesting things. Imagine having IPO curves and NLA frames
in one window, and being able to select points across both of them, and
so on... um... maybe not...

Dan

--
http://www.madprof.net