[tuhopuu-devel] Markers and Animation workflow

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 28 09:14:00 CET 2005

Hi Matt (+everyone else! :-),

I have some feature requests for the "Timeline" that I'd like to bring
up for discussion...

1. Names for the triangle markers that can be displayed in the timeline.
2. The ability to move all the keys that exist at a particular frame.
3. The ability to move (/ grab + move) the markers.

As I mentioned previously, my application is in a tour of a 3D
anatomical model.  The marker names would be used to indicate which
features are shown at a particular time.  This would allow better
planning of the timing of camera moves, which can be quite tricky with
30 or so features that must be visited in a particular sequence.  Timing
is really the main thing that I find difficult to get right.

My camera animation is normally achieved using both a camera and an
empty that the camera is pointed at using a "Track-To" constraint (hence
2 position IPOs to worry about).  The ability to move all keys at a
particular frame would improve the ease of changing the timing of both
the camera and its target empty.  (I currently do this using the NLA
editor, but having to box-select-move becomes a bit of a pain.)

What do you think?

--
Jonathan Merritt BE(Mech)/BSc
PhD Student - Equine Biomechanics