[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu3/source/blender/blenkernel/intern scene.c tuhopuu3/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c tuhopuu3/source/blender/include BIF_editsound.h BIF_resources.h blendef.h tuhopuu3/source/blender/makesdna DNA_scene_types.h DNA_sound_types.h tuhopuu3/source/blender/src ...

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 28 02:52:12 CET 2005

>broken (Matt Ebb) 2005/02/27 14:33:03 CET
>
>  Notable additions include:
>
>  * Markers! Markers are the little triangles you can see in the
>  screenshot above. Concept came from talks with ilac, now finally
>  implemented. Video editors should be very familar with this,
>  they're used very often in editing to help time cuts etc, but I don't
>  know of any other 3D apps that have this, which is a little
>  surprising.
>
>  Basically, markers are used to mark spots on the timeline, that may
>  mean something to you, so you can easily find that point later.
>  They're useful for timing animation, syncing animation to audio,
>  and plenty of other things, I'm sure. You can drop a marker on the
>  current frame by pressing M while the mouse is over the timeline,
>  or also by pressing M during animation playback (Alt A, play
>  button, whatever). You can remove a marker from the current frame
>  with Alt M. There is currently a limit of 99 markers (arbitrary,
>  self-imposed).

These sound absolutely fantastic, and just what I was thinking about
myself!!! :-)  I'm going to switch over from the main tree to Tuhopuu
for a project I'm currently working on.  It's a "guided tour" of the
ligaments and tendons of an equine forelimb, and (... checking ...)
currently has 32 keyframes for both camera and camera target IPOs.  And
I've only set up camera moves for 7 out of the 18 features I need to
visit in the animation!  These markers sound like they will improve my
overall navigability and timing setup out of sight.

Well done!!! :-)

--
Jonathan Merritt BE(Mech)/BSc
PhD Student - Equine Biomechanics