[tuhopuu-devel] Tweak vert

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Feb 3 00:03:48 CET 2005

> Chris Want <cwant at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> I think I like this idea, since I never use gestures,
> and I think dragging with the index finger is less
> stressful than dragging with the ring finger.

Eh, this doesn't sound too good - it would mean there are two drag type actions, one on the selection button,
which you need to confirm with a second click, and one on the non-selection button which works with the dragging
tweak method. That would be really bizarre to have two things taking up both mouse buttons, each so similar but
weirdly different in a subtle way - unnecessary overcomplexity!

It makes sense to have the tweak on the selection button, since that's part of the action, it selects what's under
the mouse, and moves it. It's also consistent with drag and drop behaviour in almost every other app. Besides if
you use left mouse select, it already is on the index finger ;)

> I really like the new tweek mode and would prefer that
> it stays in one form or another.

Absolutely. For me, the current incarnation is perfect.

back at joeedh:
> The problem with the traditional click-and-hold, then drag, is that you have to hold down the mouse button,
> which IMHO is slightly more annoying.

Could you elaborate on why? To me it seems there's hardly a difference since you already need to click and drag to
start the action anyway.

Cheers

Matt