[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu3/source/blender/src editobject.c transform.c transform.h transform_generics.c

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Feb 1 04:13:16 CET 2005

On 1 Feb 2005, at 1:28 PM, Martin Poirier wrote:

> theeth (Martin Poirier) 2005/02/01 03:28:49 CET
>
>   Fixed transformation for objects with constraints (like old
> transform did. Very hackish. Will need a special fix for FOLLOWPATH.)

This reminds me of something I was thinking about before - a little
idea for later since I'm sure you have your hands full at the moment.
It'd be really nice if there was a 'Snap to Path' constraint that
didn't automatically animate like follow path does, but just restrict
the object's motion. This would be similar to how a copy location with
two axes selected restricts the constrained object to move along a
single axis, in transforms, in animation, whatever.

It would be really nice to just drag an object along a path
interactively in the view, to set it where you want it, and also to
make animation much easier. You'd just move it to the point on the path
you want it to start at, set a keyframe, then move it along to the next
point on the path you want it to be at, set a keyframe, and so on. It'd
be much more consistent with other keyframe animation in Blender, and
would avoid messing around with clunky speed Ipos etc.

Cheers

Matt