[tuhopuu-devel] IOR table

Ewout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Thu Aug 18 19:27:46 CEST 2005

zippy wrote:
> Very nice. But will it also change the spec and other sliders ? Since
> Air is not really Shiny in the Specular field.

Not really, then it would be more like a material database, which is a
completely different approach. This list of presets is useful because
these are real-life numbers. Specular on the other hand, is something
that doesn't define a material: a diamond is usually very smooth and
shiny, but you can have rough diamonds aswell... Maybe the alpha value
could change aswell, but this is a tricky area. Altogether, I believe
that it's not necessairy to change these sliders aswell.

Ewout

p.s. I'll post this to the blender.org forums aswell