[tuhopuu-devel] Font Object optimization

Mika Saari mika.saari at wipsl.com
Sat Apr 2 02:43:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

  The earlier font object (unicode) system loaded the TTF font and then
converted every single glyph to nurbs. Now it is loading only those
characters which are used in the text object. This way lots of memory is
saved.

  This patch propably breaks the text object functionality a bit. Also
this is my first patch so it might cause problems :)

  I followed the rule 1) cvs update 2) compile 3) cvs update 4) diff 5)
commit, but still I might do something wrong.

  What I still have to check is  1) Compilation without FREETYPE2 2)
CTRL-X cleanup (no idea where that is done) 3) Test lots more

  Thanks for feedback,
		-Mika