[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu2 featurelist.txt tuhopuu2/source/blender/include BIF_editsima.h tuhopuu2/source/blender/makesdna DNA_space_types.h tuhopuu2/source/blender/src drawimage.c editface.c editsima.c header_image.c space

Brecht Van Lommel tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
31 Mar 2004 14:13:02 +0000

Hi again :),

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 11:45, bjornmose@gmx.net wrote:
> hi brecht
>
> > Yeah, it's not standard anywhere in the blender ui, so it was not really
> > acceptable imo. I think header buttons would be better. I would add
> > those, only problem is I suck at icon-design ;).
> >
> We start running in circles!
> The new UI with the menus was designed to get rid of the overcrowded
> headers.
> The image editor header is still close to the limit.
> And now we start adding header buttons again, only because i want to know
> what RMB will do before i click.
> (hmm..  may be tweaking the mouse cursor ?,  mesh, vetrex colors ... )

It would indeed be a step in the wrong direction. Mouse cursor, maybe,
but the cursor would probably have to change by Blender window, as you
can't expect that, when the image window is open, the user is only doing
UV editing. AFAIK, this is not implemented anywhere, so it is again
inconsistent. But it's one of the better options imho.

Vertex colors seems kind of far fetched, you have 4 possible states, for
which 4 colors would be needed: both disabled, active face select
enabled, UVs sticky enabled, or both enabled. Gets kind of complicated
for the user.

What about a panel, like you can have in the 3d view? It would not only
be used for those two buttons, but also for the other header buttons
that got lost (grid, repeat, anim, ...), they need to be restored
anyway, now the game engine is back. And also the N key UV coords would
be added of course.

Cheers,
Brecht