[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu2 featurelist.txt tuhopuu2/source/blender/include BIF_editsima.h tuhopuu2/source/blender/makesdna DNA_space_types.h tuhopuu2/source/blender/src drawimage.c editface.c editsima.c header_image.c space.c

Brecht Van Lommel tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
31 Mar 2004 12:33:59 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 09:00, bjornmose@gmx.net wrote:
> > blendix (Brecht Van Lommel) 2004/03/30 21:08:52 CEST
> hi brecht, hi all
> i see, you did not like tweaking the menu headers to indicate the current
> select status (normal/sticky/actice face "select[VF]")
> ok, did not like it too, but we need some information in the UI what RMB
> will do next.
> it also would be nice to have hotkeys to toggle select modes.

Yeah, it's not standard anywhere in the blender ui, so it was not really
acceptable imo. I think header buttons would be better. I would add
those, only problem is I suck at icon-design ;).

If you like you can add it back, and assign a hotkey, I can live with
it. I waited to merge over to get your feedback, so you could still
change anything you like.

> >   Log:
> >   Big clean up before porting over to bf-blender:
> >   - Heal UVs is now called Stitch UVs
> >   - Island Select is now called Select Linked UVs
> >   - Weld / Align tool does not work from Scale anymore, but is actived by
> > the
> >     WKEY, added menu entry for it
> >   - Possibility to disable pixel snapping for the UV editor transform
> > tools
> >   - Alt+RMB click is the same as RMB click with Select Active Face enabled
>
> be aware Alt+RMB messages are eaten by some Linux windows managers !

Ack!, I remember again the KDE window manager giving me trouble with
that. It was the only modifier key left, so I thought I would use it. We
should disable it then.

> >   - Select Active Face now works together better with Shift
> >   - Fixed drawing issue with Circle Select
> >   - Code Reformatting to fit standards better, mostly to fit in 80 chars
> > limit
> bjornmose

Thanks for the feedback, you can change anything you don't like. I'm not
going to port it over immediately. Hmm, maybe I should start the gimp
and try some icon design, ... . We'll see what happens.

Cheers,
Brecht