[tuhopuu-devel] Re: Error question

Jonathan Merritt tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:53:16 +1000

> had to get some help from the IRC but got it to not crash...
>
> it is now asking for this during render.
>
> /tmp/.aqsis
>
> what now ?

The exporter code currently places the RIB files for all objects, scene
and materials into that directory.  The directory is based in the
location specified by the "Output" tab of the Render Buttons window
(which is "/tmp/" by default, I believe).

The easiest thing to do is simply create the /tmp/.aqsis directory (or a
.aqsis directory whereever else you'd like things to be put).

The next thing to be aware of is that you'll need to set the shaders
search (in the Aqsis render options tab) directory to point to the
location of the (WIP) shaders.  Currently, they reside in
source/blender/aqsis/shaders.  You'll need to compile the *.sl files (at
this stage manually) using aqsl.  For these shaders to work, you'll
currently need to make sure you assign a material to newly created
objects in the scene, and don't leave them with the default "no
material" setting.

Jonathan Merritt.