[tuhopuu-devel] [ tuhopuu-Feature Requests-1467 ] More Game engine features, PLEASE!

tuhopuu-devel@blender.org tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:08:07 +0200 (CEST)

You can respond by visiting:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=136&aid=1467&group_id=11

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Again, just to sum it up:

-Bumpmap
-Per-pixel lighting, per-pixel fog  (as oppose to
vertex based)
-Better collision detection (no more falling through
floors)
-Multitexture (I believe it's in tuhopoo already)
-Shadow (and please don't limit the color to opaque
black)
-Cubic environment mapping (that takes into account
global axis, not just camera position)
-True time based game engine (as oppose to frame
based)
-build-in face Culling capability

...In another words, everything that the Doom3 engine
has.

All of those features are nothing new, games have
been using them for years.  So I believe it's
critical that Blender incorporate those capabilities
into its game engine.