[tuhopuu-devel] questions about ODE support and Plug-Ins

Mal tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:48:37 +0000

Hi Joschka,

> Thanks for your comments. But I wonder why you suggest using SOLID for
> collision detection ? Do you think it is superior to the OPCODE system
> that now comes with ODE ? And if so, in what way ?

SOLID was the original collision detection system for Blender, but was
removed when it went open-sourced.. As SOLID now available as
open-source, AFAIK it's being re-integrated into the source tree.

Ideally the code should be developed to allow the separate collision and
the dymanics libraries to be swapped easily, to check for performance
issues etc.

Mal