[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu2/source/blender/include BDR_editobject.h tuhopuu2/source/blender/src editmesh.c editobject.c

Robert Wenzlaff tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:35:58 -0500

At 11:48 AM 1/21/04 -0600, you wrote:
> >extrude without offset is used most of the time for scale along the
> >normal and with your mods is broken now
> >
> >if i understand well you change from extrude to grab/move
> >is possible simply add a new command "extrude along normal"
> > E+ALT-S
>
>Press E, hold CTRL and click. This will place the new verts at the
>location of the previous verts since CTRL will constrain the movment of
>the new verts, then click alt-s. This works fine in my build.

The problem I see with this is I use Scale, Rotate, and Scale along normal
almost as much as I do Extrude Grab.  They are not special cases, they are
equal partners in extrude.

If you want continuous extrude/grab, THAT should be made the special case.
How about extrude acts as it does now _unless_ the alt key is held, then it
does continuous extrude/grabs.

Robert Wenzlaff