[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu2/source/blender/include BDR_editobject.h tuhopuu2/source/blender/src editmesh.c editobject.c

Johnny Matthews tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:48:18 -0600

>extrude without offset is used most of the time for scale along the
>normal and with your mods is broken now
>
>if i understand well you change from extrude to grab/move=20
>is possible simply add a new command "extrude along normal"
> E+ALT-S

Press E, hold CTRL and click. This will place the new verts at the
location of the previous verts since CTRL will constrain the movment of
the new verts, then click alt-s. This works fine in my build.

Johnny Matthews
DBA / Programmer
Greenville College
Johnny.Matthews@greenville.edu

tuhopuu2/source/blender/include BDR_editobject.h
tuhopuu2/source/blender/src editmesh.c editobject.c

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:48:34 -0600
"Johnny Matthews" <Johnny.Matthews@greenville.edu> wrote:

> Martin,
>=20
> Thanks for your input, it is always a valued commodity in the
> community. Here would be my argument...
>=20

sorry mybe due to my poor english i missed the point of the problem,

but just you to know i really like it, and i think this is a good speed=20
in the workflow
extrude without offset is used most of the time for scale along the
normal and with your mods is broken now

if i understand well you change from extrude to grab/move=20
is possible simply add a new command "extrude along normal"
 E+ALT-S

hope the next is to remove others useless popups=20
like the remove doubles one ( message can be redirect to the status bar)
or the merge one who can be two separate direct commands with a=20
simple sublevel window merge >>> at cursor=20
						  at center

>=20
> Don't get me wrong, if the consensus is that this idea sucks, then, we
> can dump it. I think it is a good idea, but really, if everyone else
> doesn't think so, I'm certainly not going to cry about it :)
>=20

i'm with you, hope will be in the bf-blender

kino