[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu2/source/blender/include BDR_editobject.h tuhopuu2/source/blender/src editmesh.c editobject.c

Martin Poirier tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:09:14 -0800 (PST)

This may just be me, but I really don't think this
behavior is better than before. To extrude without
moving, you can't just cancel the transform anymore,
you'd have to hold your mouse still to make sure there
is no transformation (easier while holding CTRL) and
then confirm.

It always seemed clear to me that Extrude was actually
two actions:
- The actual extrusion which can be cancelled by
mousing off the popup confirmation
- A subsequent transform which can be cancelled
individually.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are
accustomed to the Etrude and Cancel the transform to
get an extrusion without any offset. This would now do
nothing, and worse, not indicate any error or hint of
what might have gone wrong.

Maybe that's just me. I'd like to hear other people
opinion on this matter.

Martin

--- Johnny Matthews <johnny.matthews@greenville.edu>