[tuhopuu-devel] loop selection/face loop cut

Roel Spruit tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:06:19 +0100

btw, I changed the movement to floats, so now it isn't limited to 1%
increments either.
It just flows in .01 increments.

Roel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: tuhopuu-devel-admin@blender.org
[mailto:tuhopuu-devel-admin@blender.org]Namens Johnny Matthews
Verzonden: dinsdag 20 januari 2004 16:39
Aan: tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Onderwerp: RE: [tuhopuu-devel] loop selection/face loop cut

Kino,

I hope these answers help:

> i'm unable to select the loop of a the default cube
>even if you subdivide the cube is possible to select the loops
>created but not the the loop of the initial cube

As far as I was told, the definition of a vertex loop, the 'loops' on
the sides of a cube are not vertex loops. Due to the fact that the next
edge in the 'loop' shares a face with the previous and the vertex only
has a valance of 3. Whereas the newly created loops inside the loop have
a valance of 4 and the next edge in the loop does not share a face with
the previous.

> in face loop cut when using % value and you press CTRL
>it work for 10% 20% etc but CTRL+SHIFT dont work

Yes, the cut moves at 1% and CTRL constrains to 10% increments,
CTRL+SHIFT is not defined.

Johnny 'guitarGeek' Matthews
DBA / Programmer
Greenville College
Johnny.Matthews@greenville.edu

- i'm unable to select the loop of a the default cube
even if you subdivide the cube is possible to select the loops
created but not the the loop of the initial cube

- in face loop cut when using % value and you press CTRL
it work for 10% 20% etc but CTRL+SHIFT dont work

is this correct ?

great work with trim/extend 8-)

hope all the features can be included in the bf-blender soon

Regards

kino

--
OS your mind, http://kino3d.com