[tuhopuu-devel] Status report for all of the new features.

car tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:13:10 -0500

Status report

Displacement mapping. It works , but it needs a slider to control the
level. As so far it *barely* displaces the mesh no matter the amount of
mesh. Manuels dissplacement script had a nice level slider for it and
would give the option for infinity.
I am useing the one button in the Material shaders window, are there
more ?

Yafray export ? IS it in here yet, or is that still in patch form ? And
how will I export the data eeshlo ?

GG Johnny ..Slider/percent loop cut.  this is neat ! And a strong tool.
Good stuff !

What else is new ?

Hos Please please add your 3D view drawtypes back. I loved the toon
drawtype, it helps in the modeling, it gets rid of the distracting
highlights.

Zarf or whoever created the location limit constraint. It works ! Have
not tested it to much yet. Hope it works maddly cool.

The new UV from window to sphere is good, it just needs a relax tool
to. Also would it be possible to get an atlas UV unwrap ? An atlas
unwrap is where the mesh is blown up and compleatly flattened out. Now
while it makes a mess of the UV's it would be great for the upcoming
Projection painting features in the future, Or for now as their are
programs that the model can be exported to for projection painting in
Windows Linux and Mac OSX.
When the UV's are all flat and spread out the paint will have no seams
and paint really nice and clean.

Ay yay new stuff is always fun ! Thankyou all.