[tuhopuu-devel] Building SOLID & the game engine.

Daniel Fairhead tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:59:02 +0200

Hi,

> Unfortunately, solid is impossible to build using
> autoconf under windows gcc. This is because cygwin is
> such an ugly mutt, and autoconf tries to build
> the library to depend on cygwin being installed.
> I don't know why the author bothered with autoconf,
> as solid seems to have no lib dependencies (with the
> exception of qhull). But anyways ...
>
> I built my own makefile for solid that looks something
> like this:
>
> http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/lib/windows/gcc/solid/lib/Makefile?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=bf-blender&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I haven't yet managed to get a tuhupuu compiled with solid and all. I couldn't get solid
to build at all using the autoconf system. It configured fine, but then wouldnt make, as it
complained about loads of .Plo files in a folder called .deps not existing. It apparently compiled
correctly when using Chris's makefile, but I haven't yet confirmed that working in blender.
tired now, need sleep. will test tomorrow or day after. soon.

sorry.

Dan