[tuhopuu-devel] game-engine...

Kester Maddock tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:46:16 +1300

It should be very close to complete. :-)  Unfortunately, I've only got
sucessful testing out of myself, so testing is very much appreciated.
Other people usually report collisions not working.

I have a collection of tests - mostly adapted from my old ODE tests, and I am
using the Blender Gamekit examples, and every unencrypted .blend I can get my
hands on.  It would be better if you used your own tests - it would be good
to subject it to a wider variety of tests.  Start by adding a sphere above
the cube in the default scene, make it actor and dynamic and watch it bounce
off the cube.

You want to build the gameengine/ directory (ie not kesterji or ODE) and use
Sumo in World buttons.  Current CVS should use Sumo for anything except Enji.

My current options are:
#export INTERNATIONAL =
export WITH_FREETYPE2 = true
#export NO_GAMEENGINE = true
#export NO_SOUND = true
#export NAN_NO_OPENAL = true
#export CC_IS_GCC_COMPLIANT=true
#export NAN_BIG_MESH=true#export INTERNATIONAL =
export WITH_FREETYPE2 = true
#export NO_GAMEENGINE = true
#export NO_SOUND = true
#export NAN_NO_OPENAL = true
#export CC_IS_GCC_COMPLIANT=true
#export NAN_BIG_MESH=true
export NAN_JUST_BLENDERDYNAMIC=true
#export NAN_NO_KETSJI=true
#export HAVE_QUICKTIME=true
#export WITH_IMAGEMAGICK=true
#export NAN_MOSTLY_STATIC=true
#export NAN_DEBIAN_NVIDIA_WEIRDNESS=true
#export WITH_ODE=true
#export USE_SMALLER_FONTS=true
#export NO_KETSJI=true
export JUST_BLENDERDYNAMIC=true
# export REDHAT_WEIRDNESS=true
export NAN_OPENAL=/home/kester/blender-src/extern/openal
export NAN_SOLID=/home/kester/blender-src/extern/solid
export NAN_QHULL=/home/kester/blender-src/extern/qhull
export NAN_NO_KESTERJI=true
export NAN_KESTERJI=false

export NAN_JUST_BLENDERDYNAMIC=true
#export NAN_NO_KETSJI=true
#export HAVE_QUICKTIME=true
#export WITH_IMAGEMAGICK=true
#export NAN_MOSTLY_STATIC=true
#export NAN_DEBIAN_NVIDIA_WEIRDNESS=true
#export WITH_ODE=true
#export USE_SMALLER_FONTS=true
#export NO_KETSJI=true
export JUST_BLENDERDYNAMIC=true
# export REDHAT_WEIRDNESS=true
export NAN_OPENAL=/home/kester/blender-src/extern/openal
export NAN_SOLID=/home/kester/blender-src/extern/solid
export NAN_QHULL=/home/kester/blender-src/extern/qhull
export NAN_NO_KESTERJI=true
export NAN_KESTERJI=false

or

../tuhopuu2/configure --enable-gameblender --enable-international

Also, intrr has disabled sound in editsound.c: line 994
	hSystem = SYS_GetSystem();
	noaudio = SYS_GetCommandLineInt(hSystem,"noaudio",0);

-	if (1)/*(noaudio) intrr: disable game engine audio (openal) */
+	if (noaudio)
		SND_SetDeviceType(snd_e_dummydevice);

	ghAudioDeviceInterface = SND_GetAudioDevice();

Reenabling works, but probably conflicts with the audio sequencer stuff.

Thanks Dan,

Kester