[tuhopuu-devel] State of the merge

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:01:14 -0700

Well, the merge is done... and about 350 conflicts
were fixed (we really have to turn this into a monthly
thing). The commit mails are pretty huge so they have to
be approved by desaster for the mailing list ... this is
why there have been no mails.

Only one catastrophy ... for a brief period there was a
directory called 'blender' in the tuhopuu2 module that
had a copy of all of the bf-blender sources. Luckily
I have sudo on the server so I was able to remove the
directory pretty quickly. Oops!

The thing compiles for me under linux now, but may have
probs under other compilers/OS's. There were some parts
of the conflict resolution that made me feel uneasy.
Please check that your project does what you think it does.

The parts in particular that should really be tested are
as follows:

* rwenzlaff
++ intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_Window.cpp (cursor stuff)
++ intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_WindowWin32.cpp (cursor stuff)
++ source/blender/blenkernel/intern/subsurf.c
++ source/blender/makesdna/DNA_material_types.h (MAP_XTRA vs. MAP_RAYMIRR?)
++ source/blender/renderconverter/intern/convertBlenderScene.c
     (displace_render_vert, et al)

* goofster:
++ source/blender/src/editmesh.c (findnearestvisibleedge)

* guitargeek
++ source/blender/src/editmesh.c (the loopcut stuff was scary)

* theeth/zarf
++ source/blender/blenkernel/intern/constraint.c (distance limit constraint)

* broken:
++ source/blender/src/drawview.c (view properties panel)

* bjornmose
++ source/blender/src/editface.c

If anybody needs help fixing stuff, I'll be lurking in
#blenderqa this weekend.

Chris