[tuhopuu-devel] IRIX Tuhopuu gameengine crash

Kester Maddock tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:27:31 +1200

--Boundary-00=_jysIBervTrRTEyZ

Hi Carsten,

I've attached a Python script that is useful for querying data about the GLSL.

Create the properties "renderer", "vendor", "version", and "GLSL" as strings,
and set them to debug.  Then enable Show debug properties.  Run the script
once, and it will query those properties from the graphics card.  The
important one is "GLSL": it will be:
"True": GLSL is supported.
"False": GLSL is not supported.
"Vertex Only": Only vertex shaders are supported
"None": GLSL is supported, but vertex shaders aren't.  Something is broken.

I'm supposed to be getting some web space for uploading testing builds, so
I'll upload my test file then.

Kester

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 21:18, Carsten Wartmann wrote:
> Kester Maddock schrieb:
> > Hi Carsten,
> >
> > Tuhopuu newer than about a month should still have GLSL support.
>
> Well, I just grabbed some build from 15.08, so it should work.
>
> > Check the console - errors/warnings that the GLSL compiler prints are
> > printed there.
>
> Nothing here! I guess I have a fundamental error in my script, maybe you
> can provide a simple test scene?
>
> I tried to understand what *should* happen here but for me it is hard to
> learn without (ok working) examples.
>
> Thanks for your support,
> Carsten.
>
> PS: It is also bad for me that I have no shader capable graphic card in
> my Linux Box so I need to test on Windows where I have no build
> environment. _______________________________________________
> tuhopuu-devel mailing list
> tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
>

> !DSPAM:4121ceea71361873214624!

--Boundary-00=_jysIBervTrRTEyZ

from Blender.BGL import *
import GameLogic

obj = GameLogic.getCurrentController().getOwner()

obj.renderer = glGetString(GL_RENDERER)
obj.vendor = glGetString(GL_VENDOR)
obj.version = glGetString(GL_VERSION)

def split(s, ch):
	sl = []
	cur = ""
	for c in s:
		if c == ch:
			sl.append(cur)
			cur = ""
		else:
			cur = cur + c
	return sl

def find(sl, s):
	for st in sl:
		if st == s:
			return True
	return False

ext = split(glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS), " ")

reqext = ("GL_ARB_shading_language_100", "GL_ARB_shader_objects")
supported = "True"
for x in reqext:
	if not find(ext, x):
		supported = "False"

if supported == "True":
	if not find(ext, "GL_ARB_fragment_shader"):
		supported = "Vertex Only"
	if not find(ext, "GL_ARB_vertex_shader"):
		supported = "None"

obj.GLSL = supported

--Boundary-00=_jysIBervTrRTEyZ--