[tuhopuu-devel] Gameengine + stereo

Kester Maddock tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Sat Aug 14 05:39:23 CEST 2004

Hi Chris,

This is a known problem.  The hwpageflip mode needs a stereo visual, which
needs to be set on window creation, so it doesn't work within the main
blender program, only blenderplayer.  :-(  There is also another hack you
need to perform: in BL_KetsjiEmbedStart.cpp, stereo for the embedded game
engine is only enabled if the stereo mode is not hwpageflip.

The other modes don't need a stereo visual at all.

To fix this, there needs to be some magic in ghost: either a way to recreate
the window, or create a separate stereo window for the game engine.  It would
be nicer to recreate the window, but that possibly means flushing all the
textures & display lists (unless they share properly.)  Recreating the window
also lets me request a stencil buffer, accumulation buffer, destination alpha
etc. B-)

Kester